Friday, January 11, 2013

Rotary Leadership Institute - February 2nd

This letter is a reminder that the next Rotary Leadership Institute (RLI) is scheduled for Saturday, February 2 at the Four Points Sheraton in Lexington. The session begins at 8:00 am and ends at 3:30 pm.

If you have need of lodging for Friday night February 1, please contact Martha Riddell (dmriddell@aol.com) as rooms may be available at the Four Points Sheraton.

RLI is geared towards those club members who are considered as future leaders of your club but is also appropriate for anyone who wants to know more about Rotary.  Any Rotarian in our District can attend RLI.

The challenge of many of our clubs is that of moving Club Members into being active Rotarians.

RLI does just that!

Rotarians who attend RLI become much stronger leaders in the club. They become active beyond the club.  RLI graduates attend interclub meetings, assemblies and conferences.

RLI helps to start their thirst for Rotary. For those that go on to become Club Presidents...when they attend President Elect Training, they are ready to take advantage.  They know what questions to ask and they learn a lot more than those attending without attending RLI

Sponsoring future club leaders to attend RLI is the best investment you can make in your club's future!

RLI consists of three one day parts.  First time participants attend Part I.  The second time they register for Part II and the third time Part III and graduation.

ARE YOU POSITIONING YOUR CLUB FOR FUTURE SUCCESS?

Outstanding clubs recruit up and coming club members to attend.

Clubs normally pay or reimburse the registration costs.

WE HAVE THE ABILITY FOR ATTENDEES TO REGISTER AND PAY ONLINE:


P.S.  We're encouraging you to recruit a future leader to represent your club at RLI and have them register by January 21!!!

PART I Topics

Topic
Content
Insights into Leadership
As a Rotarian, I am, by definition, a leader.  Join us as we explore the characteristics of leadership, motivational techniques, and leadership styles.  How do I best lead?
My Rotary World
As a Rotarian, I am part of a worldwide organization of like-minded people.  Take some time to truly understand the purpose and structure of Rotary.  Can these resources help me?
Engaging Members
As a Rotarian, I make my club and Rotary stronger by my active participation.  Engaged club members have fun, make friends, and effectively serve.  This is why I joined Rotary!
Our Foundation
As a Rotarian, I am doing well in my local community and around the world.  Learn about the basic goals and programs of our Foundation.  I am a force for good in the world!
Ethics/Vocational Service
As a Rotarian, I am ethical, I recognize and promote ethics in others, and I seek opportunities to serve others through my vocation.  You can see that I am a Rotarian.
Service Projects
As a Rotarian, I am a vital part of a worldwide organization of business, professional and community leaders meeting needs in communities.  I can build, run and promote service.

PART II Topics

Topic
Content
Strategic Planning and Analysis
I can strengthen my club by promoting and leading insightful planning and analysis.  Looking at my Rotary club, how can I help make improvements that will matter?
Strategic Planning continued
 
Targeted Service
I can lead and promote my club’s participation in unique, significant and targeted service opportunities through our Foundation.  Understand the key concepts of Rotary programs!
Club Communications
I can serve by leading and promoting effective communications to my club’s internal and external audiences.  Refine and practice your skills.
Attracting Members
I can lead and promote my club’s reexamination of its distinctive position in my community and the quality of members we attract.  I want to work with the best people!
Team Building
I can lead and promote my club’s collaboration in effective and motivated groups to accomplish our goals of service.  Harness the real power of Rotary clubs and Rotarians!

PART III Topics

Topic
Content
International Service
As I further my Rotary journey, I can build connections around the world, helping meet needs, solve problems, and build peace.
Effective Leadership Strategies
As I further my Rotary journey, I will engage in more complex and skillful use of my leadership skills and seize opportunities to lead.
Rotary Opportunities
As I further my Rotary journey, I can explore the many opportunities available within Rotary for personal, community and professional growth and development.
Rotarians, Vocational Service, Expectations
As I further my Rotary journey, I can support meaningful vocational service activities within my club to add value to each Rotarian’s membership experience.
Public Image & Public Relations
As I further my Rotary journey, I will identify opportunities to promote the image of my club and Rotary to the benefit of my community and world.
Making a Difference—Parliamentary Procedure
As I further my Rotary journey, I will help assess my own experience and growth through RLI and help improve the path for others to follow.  As part of my leadership growth, I will add value to my club through parliamentary procedure.

SEE YOU ON February 2!


Please contact me if there are any questions.

 Best Rotary regards,

 Judy W. Marcum

District 6740 RLI Co-Coordinator

632 Raintree Road

Lexington, KY  40502

859-608-9646 (cell)

No comments:

Post a Comment